Sick of consistent surface denim and a lack of zig-zagging contours? Never fear—paneled and and patchwork denim is rampant! Featured as one of Refinery29′s recent top Fall denim trends, you won’t have to walk (or click) far to find a pair that you love.
The trend seemingly snowballed via recent deliveries of panel-crazy cocktail dresses, worn tight as seran wrap to accentuate the torso as much as possible. Antonio Berardi and Versace are too obvious culprits–and more recently designers like Jen Kao have joined the geometric seams game. In jeans, the star players are designers like Helmut Lang, Rick Owens, Marc Jacobs, and Acne. Check out a few of our favorites below:
1. Helmut Lang Denim Smoke Wash Grey Combo Jeans ($230) – buy it at Shopbop.
2. TOPSHOP Chain Seamed Skinny Jeans in Grey ($100) – buy it at TOPSHOP.
3. Acne Black Paneled Skinny Jean ($313) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
4. SUPERFINE Leather SWIRL Jeans ($460) – buy it at Ssense.
5. Selected Femme Paneled Denim Skinny Jeans ($118) – buy it at ASOS.
6. Woodford & Co Denim Jodhpurs ($278) – buy it at Shopbop.
The trend expands to jackets, especially in patchwork (check out the Opening Ceremony jacket we featured the other day), and will likely spread steadily to other fits and fibers.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Acne, Helmut Lang, jean trends, jeans, Marc Jacobs, paneled denim, patchwork, Rick Owens, seaming