When you think exemplary gift-giving, it doesn’t always have to be shiny, new, and off the shelf. Some of the best gifts we’ve received have been sentimental and second hand. The vintage category of Etsy is overflowing with denim (ranging from bizarre to incredibly rare). Whether the person on your list is a high school boy, a mother of three, or an innovative trendsetting fashionista, you’ll find something in this massive pool of goodies to fit the bill.
You’ve surely already checked out our holiday gift round-up and our awesome Denim Therapy gift cards (not to mention the amazing contest we have going on right now with 7 for all Mankind), but if you’re still searching for items to satisfy the denim-addicts on your list, it’s your lucky day! Etsy, home of independently-run mini-markets for vintage and hand-made items, has enough denim to keep you fa-la-la-la-la’ing right through the new year. Check out these great buys below—all hand-made!
1. Recycled Denim Flower Necklace ($56) – buy it at mademoisellemermaid.
2. Recycled Denim iPad Sleeve ($29) – buy it at MyGreenMonkeyDesigns.
3. The Petal Wristlet in Dark Gray Denim ($37) – buy it at definitionofself.
4. Denim Blue Rosette Brooch ($6) – buy it at browneyedgirlsboutiq.
5. Denim Shoulder Bag ($32) – buy it at shoks.
6. OAK Refashioned Denim Zip Front Sleeveless Dress ($108) – buy it at glamspoon.
Stay tuned for our guide to the vintage denim of Etsy tomorrow…
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim gift guide, etsy, gift guide, hand-made, holiday 2010, homemade
Denim Therapy is proud to team up with 7 For All Mankind this holiday season to help you give the gifts that your friends will really want to receive. For 7 days, you’ll be able to virtually give your friends the latest Seven products and some much needed Denim Therapy TLC on Facebook!
And every day, for seven days, two lucky gifters will win an awesome gift from 7 For All Mankind and Denim Therapy! Here’s how it works:
1) “Like” Denim Therapy on Facebook: http://facebook.com/denimtherapy
2) Go to the “Seven Days of 7FAM” tab on the page.
3) Choose a gift to give to your friends. You can choose to give it to them on Facebook or tweet it to them on Twitter.
4) Repeat step 3 as many times as you like for the next 7 days. Every time you give a gift, you’re entered to win awesome prizes from 7) For All Mankind or a $100 giftcard from Denim Therapy.
5) Since we know you love 7FAM, share the love and “like” 7 For All Mankind on Facebook.
6) Repeat and repeat and repeat step 4.
Some sample gifts are below:
That’s seven days to give, and seven days to win. So give, and give often. Two winners will be chosen at random every day. The “Seven Days of 7FM” launches tomorrow, December 8 at 9AM ET and will end December 14 at 9PM ET. Participants must “Like” Denim Therapy on Facebook to win.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, Contests, Denim Repair, holidays
There’s just under a month left to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, but if your loved ones are as crazy about denim as you are, you need look no further! We know what you’re thinking—it’s hard enough to find the perfect fit of jeans for yourself, so how could you buy them for someone else? But we’re one step ahead, with a less time-consuming alternative. After all, jeans are only one element of the wonderful world of denim…
1. For the DIY divas in your life (or anyone who can’t afford to drop lots of cash every time something trendy and fabulous hits the denim market), try this book! It’s the gift that’ll keep on giving until they can’t hold their scissors anymore. 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, by Justina Blakeney, Ellen Schultz, and Faith Blakeney ($17) – buy it at Amazon.
2. A good gift isn’t just aesthetically pleasing these days, as you probably know from perusing other gift guides full of tech gadgets and time management tools. But we’re sure your efficient gift recipient will love this stylish, functional belt. It comes equipped loops for holding anything from eyebrow pencils to screwdrivers. See by Chlo? Pocket-detail denim belt ($150) – buy it at The Outnet.
3. A sense of humor is crucial when you can only afford a $1.00 gift, but as long as you make people laugh, no one’s going to blame you! This charming little pin will look great on bags, coats, or guitar straps So hey, why not? Bean Forest “TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS” Pin ($1) – buy it at Bean Forest.
4. With the rise of Etsy.com and the DIY revolution, beautiful hand-made gifts are more accessible and affordable than ever. We found this classy shoulder bag and wish we could get one for everyone in the office! Hand-made Strapped Shoulder Bag in black denim ($75) – buy it at Definition of Self.
5. For the biker babe or rocker dude on your list, something a bit more bad-ass to make their season bright. These fingerless gloves are half leather, half distressed denim, and it’ll ensure no one thinks twice about messing around at the crazy, intoxicated New Year’s Eve bash. Maison Fabre Denim/Leather Fingerless Mittens ($133) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue.
6. No, that price is not a typo, and this gift is truly reserved for the most gung-ho of denim fanatics… or anyone looking to be schooled thoroughly on the entire industry from A to Z. If they want to know it all, this is the closest thing to denim university. The Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, by Sportswear International ($1,546) – buy it at Amazon.
7. A cute, versatile denim hat to cap off a perfect winter outfit (and keep someone’s head warm). The neutral gray color allows for mixing with any outwear they already have, and the very nice price will keep you as jolly as a Christmas elf. Calvin Klein Martial Cap ($25) – buy it at Calvin Klein.
8. An accessory to wrap around the neck, tie up like a turban, or employ in apartment decor, this Diesel scarf has a vintage charm with contemporary edge. They come in several other colors and designs. DIESEL 2-KRAFS Scarf & Tie ($ 60) – buy it at DIESEL.
9. If you prefer to be remembered fondly during the post-holiday couch potato TV marathon your best friend annually partakes in, perhaps something more suited to lounging is in order. American Denim Square Denim Pillow ($24) – buy it at Specialty Linens.
Need more ideas? Try the please-everyone Denim Therapy Gift Card, a D.I.Y. version of any of these gift ideas above, or the super-cool MS&Co denim sleeves we featured earlier this week. Have your own ideas? Drop by our facebook page and let us know! Happy gift-giving!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 99 Ways to Cut, American Denim, by Sportswear International, Calvin Klein, christmas 2010, Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, denim gift guide, Diesel, holiday 2010, holiday gift guide, Maison Fabre, See by Chloe, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, SHOPPING, the perfect gift