For the denim lover who has everything, there is always that one collectible piece missing from their collection. Check out the Urbanears denim headphones, available now on the iTunes store for $59.95—shipping is free! This Plattan Plus model in an indigo fabric is a new release, complete with an Apple certified microphone and remote, with an additional functionality of volume control. It is collapsible and comes with a swanky fabric cord. Genius! So, now, you can sort of say you’re wearing jeans on your head… if you always wanted to say that.
Love is in the air! Valentine’s Day is fast-approaching, and late winter is the perfect time to wear warm-hued denim colors like red and pink. Below we’ve rounded up six pairs of colored jeans that make our hearts flutter. Which are your favorites?
1. Topshop Moto Pink Metallic Leigh Jeans ($90) – buy it at Topshop.
2. CLOSED Slim leg jean ($220) – buy it at Far Fretch.
3. rag & bone Legging – Neon Hot Pink ($187) – buy it at rag & bone.
4. Genetic Denim Shane Knit in Flame ($191) – buy it at Pink Mascara.
5. CYCLE pink skinny jeans ($210) – buy it at Far Fetch.
6. Current/Elliott Stiletto animal print jeans ($325) – buy it at My Theresa.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: CLOSED Denim, colored denim, Current/Elliott, Genetic Denim, pink jeans, rag & bone, red jeans, skinny jeans, valentines day, women's jeans
Christmas is a mere 5 days away, and if you still have holiday shopping to do, you’re just like the vast majority of people in America! ho ho ho…! The last second rush doesn’t have to be a nightmare though, with a list of awesome gift ideas and websites that offer overnight shipping on hand. Below are great gift ideas we’ve selected for the denim loving (and just plain stylin’) men and women in your life. So grab a latte, sit back, and enjoy the holidays.
↓ Scroll and shop our holiday gift guide! ↓
Gift guide for women:
1. MiH Jeans Marrakesh in Klein Blue Velvet
2. Topshop Moto Raspberry Denim Hotpants
3. Shashi One Row Denim Bracelet
4. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Dark Tin Belted Denim Dress
5. Denim & Supply Cotton Jersey Beret
6. MiH Jeans Vintage Denim Top
Gift guide for men:
1. MS&Co. Selvedge Denim Shoe Bags
2. Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren Bag, Denim Duffle
3. Creep by Hiroshi Awai Denim Mountain Parka
4. Horace Patchwork Denim Jacket
5. Wintercheck Chambray Scarf
6. ASOS Skinny Fit Jeans In Cord
And one more bright idea: the ultimate holiday gift is a Denim Therapy gift card, good for any of our amazing services in denim repair and alteration!
Tags: christmas 2011, gift guide, holiday 2011, mens denim, shopping guide, what to buy, womens denim
We love handmade gifts (a few of us are even devout DIY-ers here at DT), so when we decided to put together a gift guide this year, we thought, why make one of them a round-up of cool and crafty denim items! This way you support an independent artist/designer by purchasing, or get some ideas to make your own. Check out our picks from Etsy below.
1. Denim wallet ($34) – buy it at Etsy.
2. Fingerless Denim Gloves with Wooden Buttons ($25) – buy it at Etsy.
3. P.S. I LOVE YOU Denim Postcard ($12) – buy it at Etsy.
4. Hand Made Cotton Rag Rug Runner ($110) – buy it at Etsy.
5. Denim Patchwork Sofa ($2,000) – buy it at Etsy.
6. Men’s Denim Neckwarmer ($17.50) – buy it at Etsy.
7. Vintage LEVIS Purple dip-dyed shorts ($60) – buy it at Etsy.
8. Organic denim wrap skirt ($118) – buy it at Etsy.
9. Dark Blue Denim Bowtie ($23) – buy it at Etsy.
10. Denim Tool Apron (for kids) ($12.50) – buy it at Etsy.
Tags: denim accessories, denim bowtie, denim shorts, denim skirt, denim wallet, dip dye, DIY, gift guide, handmade, holiday, shopping guide
By Paul, founder of Lavish Livez:
“It’s CHRISTMAS! Not to be cliche or anything, but I love giving even more than I love receiving. The key to gifting something that won’t be re-gifted or donated after a few uses is to really think about what the gift-recipient loves, what fits their style, and what will excite them. I do that with my girlfriend’s gifts, and she wears them everyday! That’s the best feeling. Give functional, awesome items, and you’ll be good to go. Christmas is coming up fast, so Denim Therapy asked me to pick out a few of my favorite denim (and non-denim pieces on the web so you can get inspired for your gifting.
1. Levi’s Denim Tie.
“Levi’s is one of the original denim companies and they never stop to amaze me, because they are always reinventing themselves while still keeping their identity. You can imagine your stylish guy friends wearing this tie with a chambray shirt or even a crisp white dress shirt.”
2. Filson Green Briefcase.
“Men have only recently ventured into bags. If we were not going to the office or to the gym, you would almost never see us carrying luggage. But now it’s picking up, to the point where there’s no excuse to have your pockets bulging with keys, wallet, water bottle, phone, etc. This simple, stylish approach is good for an entire day of whatever you’re doing.”
3. Good Wood Lobster Bow Tie.
“This is different. This is unique. Love lobster? Even better. Good Wood is an accessories label out of Brooklyn, creating every piece by hand. This Lobster bow tie is held together by a magnetic back, so you can actually affix it to whatever you want.”
4. MS and Co Denim iPad & iPhone Combo Case.
If he loves his iPhone/iPad and is a huge denim snob, then this selvedge denim iPad/Iphone case combo is THE gift to give this holiday! After a few months, his iPhone case will have really cool fade to it, making his one of a kind.
1. Marc Jacobs’s Coated Black Denim Jeans.
“These are so rock’n'roll, and you can rock them for three seasons out of four, whether you’re wearing a motorcycle boot or some converse sneakers.”
2. Scotch & Soda Prologue Limited Edition Organic Jeans.
“These totally organic jeans feature green thread selvedge, which is a very minor but distinct detail (all denim-heads love those), a keychain and lucky coin. They’re also just a really stylish, versatile pair of jeans.”
3. Gitman Bros Red Chambray Shirt.
“Everyone’s been doing blue chambray all year. Let’s switch it up! What’s more festive than this versatile hue? And wouldn’t it look amazing with that Levi’s denim tie? *wink wink*”
4. Nudie Jeans Co. denim sports jacket.
“This is a classic design—simple, not boring. Let him pair this medium weight jacket with his favorite jeans and some fresh kicks, and he’ll look like a million bucks, but never stuffy.”
Huge thanks to Paul from Lavish Livez for stopping by to share his recs with Denim Therapy’s audience. Stay tuned for more great gift picks, coming your way. Happy Shopping!
—DT Staff & Lavish Livez
Tags: christmas, Denim Menswear, filson green briefcase, gift guide, gifts for men, good wood, holiday, iPad case, levi's denim tie, lobster bowtie, scotch & soda jeans, shopping guide
Did you ever think there’d be a place (that isn’t a department store) where you could find the perfect present for every person on your list? One look at Denim Therapy’s extensive catalog of services, and you’ll see that there’s no one you’ll be buying for this season who wouldn’t benefit from and love the gift of denim-perfecting.
Mom: For the woman who loves her jeans, but wishes they were a zip-fly instead of a button, we can replace, repair, or completely redo hardware!
Dad: Show your pop that jeans aren’t just for lounging around the house on the weekends by sending his jeans in to be perfectly tailored and fitted!
Sister: For your fashionista sister who just found out she’s pregnant, but is terrified at the thought of having to wear “maternity clothes”, we can turn her favorite denim into baby bump-friendly britches!
Brother: For your hardcore bike messenger bro who has pedaled his way to hole-y land, let us fix those knee and crotch tears with our amazing repair service!
Cousin: Send us the jeans of your super-trendy family member, and we’ll tie-dye them for the ultimate awesome gift.
Best friend: Help your vertically challenged best friend by sending us her favorite denim and get her the gift of fit with our hemming service!
Significant other: Tell your boyfriend or girlfriend you love them with a tattoo of your initials… on your jeans! Available in a variety of colors and fonts, try Denim Therapy’s newest custom service: denim monogramming!
Tags: best jeans for christmas, Denim Therapy, holiday gift guide, what to buy for christmas, what to buy for your boyfriend, what to buy for your brother, what to buy for your dad, what to buy for your mom, what to buy for your sister
When you think exemplary gift-giving, it doesn’t always have to be shiny, new, and off the shelf. Some of the best gifts we’ve received have been sentimental and second hand. The vintage category of Etsy is overflowing with denim (ranging from bizarre to incredibly rare). Whether the person on your list is a high school boy, a mother of three, or an innovative trendsetting fashionista, you’ll find something in this massive pool of goodies to fit the bill.
1. Vicory Shorts ($18) – buy it at blacksheepVL.
2. “Berlin” Vintage 1970′s Sewing Patch Applique ($1.75) – buy it at TesoroViejo.
3. Vintage Metal Denim Case with Red Stitching ($14) – buy it at dreamingofvintage.
4. Vintage Halston Pleat Millitary Shoulder Dark Denim Jean Jacket ($46) – buy it at tinygirl.
5. Vintage ’80s Acid Washed Denim Jacket ($28) - buy it at Kasifoundthis.
6. Vintage 1980s Blue Denim Ankle Boots – ($36) – buy it at dirtybirdiesvintage.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim gift guide, denim jacket, denim shoes, etsy, Levi's Vintage Collection
You’ve surely already checked out our holiday gift round-up and our awesome Denim Therapy gift cards (not to mention the amazing contest we have going on right now with 7 for all Mankind), but if you’re still searching for items to satisfy the denim-addicts on your list, it’s your lucky day! Etsy, home of independently-run mini-markets for vintage and hand-made items, has enough denim to keep you fa-la-la-la-la’ing right through the new year. Check out these great buys below—all hand-made!
1. Recycled Denim Flower Necklace ($56) – buy it at mademoisellemermaid.
2. Recycled Denim iPad Sleeve ($29) – buy it at MyGreenMonkeyDesigns.
3. The Petal Wristlet in Dark Gray Denim ($37) – buy it at definitionofself.
4. Denim Blue Rosette Brooch ($6) – buy it at browneyedgirlsboutiq.
5. Denim Shoulder Bag ($32) – buy it at shoks.
6. OAK Refashioned Denim Zip Front Sleeveless Dress ($108) – buy it at glamspoon.
Stay tuned for our guide to the vintage denim of Etsy tomorrow…
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim gift guide, etsy, gift guide, hand-made, holiday 2010, homemade
Denim Therapy is proud to team up with 7 For All Mankind this holiday season to help you give the gifts that your friends will really want to receive. For 7 days, you’ll be able to virtually give your friends the latest Seven products and some much needed Denim Therapy TLC on Facebook!
And every day, for seven days, two lucky gifters will win an awesome gift from 7 For All Mankind and Denim Therapy! Here’s how it works:
1) “Like” Denim Therapy on Facebook: http://facebook.com/denimtherapy
2) Go to the “Seven Days of 7FAM” tab on the page.
3) Choose a gift to give to your friends. You can choose to give it to them on Facebook or tweet it to them on Twitter.
4) Repeat step 3 as many times as you like for the next 7 days. Every time you give a gift, you’re entered to win awesome prizes from 7) For All Mankind or a $100 giftcard from Denim Therapy.
5) Since we know you love 7FAM, share the love and “like” 7 For All Mankind on Facebook.
6) Repeat and repeat and repeat step 4.
Some sample gifts are below:
That’s seven days to give, and seven days to win. So give, and give often. Two winners will be chosen at random every day. The “Seven Days of 7FM” launches tomorrow, December 8 at 9AM ET and will end December 14 at 9PM ET. Participants must “Like” Denim Therapy on Facebook to win.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, Contests, Denim Repair, holidays