“To celebrate the opening of their Champs Élysées store in Paris, Levi’s has enlisted the help of DFA’s James Murphy, Pedro Winters from Ed Banger Records, Mr. Andre, and Shepard Fairey to create in-store installations, well-curated music mixes, and, yes, trucker jackets. As you can see, the results of Murphy’s and Winters’ collabs with the great American denim brand add a little wit and tempered design sense to the back panel (Murphy’s “Too Old To Be New, Too New To Be Classic,” is especially fresh) that was once the home of so many Pushead illustrations.” (Refinery29)
To say goodbye to spring and officially launch into summer, we’re looking back on some of our best denim-crazed posts from March, April and May. If you missed out on some of the street style, how-to, or reviews, never fear! It’s all right here.
1. MC Reviews Henry & Belle Super Skinny Ankle in Onyx wash
2. Kathy Reviews The Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny Legging in Paige Blue
3. Francine Reviews The Black Orchid Jewel Mid Rise Jegging
4. Raffa Reviews OPENMARKET Men’s Straight Leg Green Jeans
1. Get To Know Your Jeans! Warp VS. Weft
2. Must-Know Tips For Buying Women’s Jeans
3. The Most Flattering Jeans For Apple-Shaped Bodies
4. How To Ensure The Perfect Jean Hem Length
1. NYC’s DJ Haruka Salt & Her Re-Mixed Denim Style
2. Denim Street Style At Coachella 2012
3. 5 Ways to Wear Floral Denim
4. Score A Tropical Summer Ensemble With Pink Skinny Jeans
Showroom & Press Previews
1. Ombre Skinnies & Coated Denim At The Doctrine Jeans Fall Preview
2. Neon & Printed Denim At The American Eagle FW12 Preview
3. Artisanal Jeans At The Raleigh Denim FW12 Preview
4. Candy-Colored Denim At The Superdry SS12 In-Store Preview
1. 6 Perfect Denim Dresses For Spring
2. Spring Denim Round-Up: Pretty In Pink (And Purple) Skinny Jeans
3. 9 Pairs Of Light Wash Jeans For Spring
4. Summer Hues: The Ultimate Pastel Denim Round-Up
1. Colored Denim & Sunnies: Jessica Alba’s Spring Uniform
2. 5 Celeb Looks We Love For Spring
3. Ali Larter Wearing AG Adriano Goldschmied Destroyed Boyfriend Jeans
4. Kristen Bell In AG Adriano Goldschmied Neon Pink Jeans
Stay tuned for summer, because it’s only going to get better!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: blog post, denim blog, denim review, denim style, Denim Therapy, denim trends, sexy jeans, spring 2012
Wanna hear live music and have a blast while shopping some mega-discounted luxe denim this June? You’re in luck. From June 2nd – 3rd, Agave Denim is having their summer warehouse sample sale in Portland, OR.
The upcoming giant warehouse sale will take place on Saturday June 2nd and Sunday 3rd between 10:00AM -5:00PM and promises to be a fun day out for everyone. There will be amazing deals all day with 40-80% off all men’s and women’s jeans. If you get there early there will also be a chance to snap up one of- a- kind samples if you are lucky to be sample size!
In addition to great shopping bargains there will be live music Saturday by Le Cellar Rats + Tommy Tutone and refreshments including coffee and popcorn. Visitors are also encouraged to take part in Agave’s “Denim Exchange” and to bring in used, clean denim for an additional 10% discount to benefit local non-profit organizations Neighbors Helping Neighbors and The Arc of Clark County.
Check it out, and let us know what you bought!
Agave Denim Warehouse
6210 S 11th St. Ridgefield, WA
Tel: 360-887- 5400.
Tags: agave denim, cheap jeans, denim sale, jeans on sale, portland, sample sale, warehouse sale, where to buy jeans
With the plethora of options available for ladies, men’s shorts often get the shaft. But we’ve rounded up six pairs of men’s denim shorts perfect for summer and warmer spring weather. Wear skinny for a hipster edge, cuffed for a clean and polished look–no matter how you style them, they’ll keep you cool in the coming months. Take your pick from this variety of washes, weights, prints, and styles below!
1. Topman Contrast Breton Shorts 2. YMC Linen-Chambray Shorts 3. Engineered Garments Denim Shorts
4. River Island Denim Shorts 5. ASOS Denim Shorts in Green 6. Monkey Genes Bamboo Denim Shorts
Tags: colored shorts, cut off shorts, denim shorts for men, mens denim, summer fashion
As the temperature rises, so do the hemlines. And while the prospect of wearing short shorts and tank tops is welcome in the summertime humidity and heat, sometimes you want (or need!) to feel a bit more covered-up. The solution? Add a sheer, blouse-y top when wearing your favorite pair of denim shorts. Buy over-sized and tuck it in to tone down the volume. For a lot more coverage, it won’t add that much bulk or cause you to break out into heat palpitations. Win-win.
Hummingbird Whispers Sheer Top | J Brand Denim Cutoffs
Tags: denim cut off shorts, denim shorts, how to wear, summer outfits, Summer Styling Tips
Did you know that nearly ninety percent of the men’s jeans being manufactured today have a button fly? Designers attribute this switch from the zip to things such as a chicer look to the denim, less of a chance for… ahem… injuries, and, as we can see with Brad Pitt and Justin Bieber, the security of not having a faulty zipper on the red carpet (among other places). But what if you’re a guy (or gal) shopping for new jeans and you don’t want a button fly? That’s where we come in! Denim Therapy will switch those buttons to a zipper, and give you the freedom to get in and out of your pants at least two seconds faster. Click here to get started!
Tags: brad pitt fly down, button fly conversion, denim repair service, how to fix your jeans, how to switch from button fly to zipper, justin bieber fly down, menswear
Feel that insane heat and blinding sunshine? Summer’s on the way, and we’re counting down the reasons we’re excited to bust out our favorite warm weather denim for a season of super-stylish fun in the sun.
Note: We know, these tie-dye shorts are amazing. Grab them at Nasty Gal.
1. No other season permits this spectrum of neons, tie-dyes, and brightly colored jeans be set free from your closet and paraded down the boardwalk. Don’t hold back on your favorite colors, whether you favor pastels or saturated electric hues.
2. What’s scandalous in the spring is common practice in the summer. It’s the only season where your cut-off shorts can resemble a bikini bottom in shortness and no one will think twice about it.
3. DIY! Cutting, slashing, distressing, dip-dying and applique are just a few of the ways you can take a pair of jeans you loved all winter and turn them into a summer dream. Need some ideas? Try this DIY.
4. The simple perfection of the basic jeans and a t-shirt combo is amplified in the summer, and while we love fall layering, this no-fail formula that dates back to denim’s pop culture debut is still a staple in looking fresh and “classic cool”.
5. Finally, it’s great to know that while this summer’s outdoor adventures might harm your jeans—from hiking to camping on the beach, or even dancing manically at summer music festivals—we’ll be right here waiting to fix them back up for you.
Get ready for an amazing summer, and remember us if you need expert denim repair, tailoring, shopping advice, and all things denim.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, dip dye, DIY, sexy jeans, summer 2012, summer denim, tie dye
Los Angeles-based Sinclair Denim may sound familiar to those who have shopped their jeans at high-end retailers like Neiman Marcus, and now, they’re back this summer with some innovative washes and treatments on jeans, bermudas and denim cutoffs. We felt like a kid at a candy store when we saw the Sinclair Spring-Summer 2012 lookbook. Its palette of foil coated jeans, deep indigos, juicy dip-dye pastels, railroad stripe and even glitter offer the woman a chance to dip her hands into any style cookie jar she chooses this summer. We are in love with Sinclair’s tasteful handling of dip dye and innovative use of foil coating. How would you rock a pair of Sinclairs?
If you want to get your hands on a pair of Sinclair Denim, try the
It’s Memorial Day Weekend and there’s nothing more exciting than a 3-day weekend. We’ve rounded up some summer staples that you should pack up and bring along on your next weekend getaway. From suits to shorts make sure your summer getaway plans are relaxing while you remain stylish. What will you pack?
L*Space Fringe Halter Top / Miklos Glittering Sea Tote / Women’s Rainbow Sandals / Sisley Paris SPF Sun Screen
One Teaspoon Crochet All in One / Kate Spade New York Rory / Billabong The Bright Side Beach Bag / Ksubi Cut Offs / Fresco Beach Towel
Tags: beach bag, cut offs, free people, Kate Spade, Ksubi, shorts, summer, summer getaway, swim suits