Newsflash! We’re in the 21st century. And while we may not have flying cars or a cure for the common cold, we’re certainly making progress in how our shopping and style lives are becoming increasingly high-tech. In honor of that, here are seven awesome fashion, style, and shopping apps that you should download on your phone (most of them are free!).
EACH x OTHER’s latest lookbook is here and it’s nothing short of rocker grunge. The new photos are jam packed with the brand’s androgynous chic style with a perfect mash up of hipster flare. EACH x OTHER’s unique collaboration of fashion designers, artists, poets, filmmakers and musicians make for an exclusive line that flaunts flattering unisex fits. Their rough luxury denim is just the beginning with raw fabrications and timeless cuts. Check out the teaser for their Lookbook Fall/Winter 2012 collection.
Images via WEARSELECTERS.
Tags: EACH x OTHER, LookBook, Lookbook Fall/Winter 2012, raw denim, rough luxury denim
We were just drooling over the wonderful vintage images from the latest collaboration between Mister Freedom x Sugar Cane. This inspired collection takes its roots from men of the frontier period, which include Hopi, Apache and miners, dressed in all their ruggedness. The MFSC Spring 2012 Collection of blouses, britches, vests, shirts and pantaloons (in indigo and sand colored selvedge denim twill) are not replicas but “a combination of imported European fabric styles and detailing, adapted patterns and silhouettes from the late 1800’s up to the 1930’s.” If you want to purchase pieces from this collaboration, you’ll have to call. Their online shop is still in the works; which to us, only makes us covet the denim even more. Check out the gallery for the curated images.
For more information, go to
. To order, call John or Jordan at (323) 653-2014 or mail
to get yours while they last. Internationally shipping available.
Let’s face it: men also need options when it comes to jeans. While we agree that not every man should wear skinny jeans, some men can really rock a pair. And, for the slimmer men out there, a pair of skinnies are the only ones that will fit properly on their bodies. So, without further adieu, we rounded up nine pairs of skinny jeans that caught our eyes, both for the washes and treatments, and for the potential to flatter the various shapes of the male form. You’ll be surprised how good you look in them. Whether you’re a musician or a college professor, we think you’ll find a wearable pair of jeans to wear this season.
1. Ksubi Van Winkle in Dull Metal ($245) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Levi’s 511 Dark Indigo skinny ($90) – buy it at SSENSE.
3. Right: ASOS Carrot Fit skinny jeans in Khaki ($90) – buy it at ASOS.
1. Chambers Waxed Overdye Slim Straight Leg jeans in ($132) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Edwin Sen Japanese Red Selvage skinny jeans ($168.58) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Unbranded Skinny Selvedge jean ($78) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
1. THEM Atelier Magma Distressed Skinny Jeans ($121) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Nudie Thin Finn Blue ($250) – buy it at SSENSE.
3. 1969 Skinny Fit Jeans in red ($69.95) – buy it at Gap.
What, red jeans? Read Denim Therapy staffer Eric Schmidt’s review of his slim fit OPENMARKET jeans in red.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 1969, ASOS, Chambers, drop crotch jeans, Edwin, Gap, Ksubi, Levi's Jeans, men's skinny jeans, men's slim jeans, Nudie, skinny jeans for men, slim jeans, Them Atelier, tight jeans for men, Unbranded
We’ve been oogling over the Samurai Jeans Kakishibu-Dyed 24 Oz. S5000KA that just hit the market—an incredible rose-hued jean with a unique dye process. Rawr Denim explains, “For this special denim, Samurai Jeans used an original 24 Oz. denim that has been hand-dyed with Kakishibu, an all natural dye fermented from the juice of unripe persimmions. Interestingly enough, according to Blue In Green, it’s the very first time a denim this heavy has been dyed with Kakishibu.”
These babies ring in at $725 and you can score a pair at Blue In Green.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Blue In Green, kakishibu-dyed 24 oz, limited edition jeans, mens denim, raw denim, raw selvedge denim, samurai jeans
We stopped by the Jean.Machine men’s denim launch party in Soho last night at Recess, which took place in the midst of a gallery opening for artist Greg Eason. The jeans were laid out on a table in the middle of the room. The walls were lined with framed illustrations and a projector screen played fast-forward video of Eason’s illustration process. The atmosphere? Laid back and classic-cool, just like Jean.Machine’s denim. The female counterpart to MiH, Jean.Machine was the “it” denim shop in the 70s, and its rebirth is a representation of the original customer: “The man who loves to wear jeans.”
The line is carefully edited to go-to staples in an array of versatile washes (as well as raw options), all with a comfortable hand. The jeans feature key details like unique coin pocket, 17mm silver and copper logo button, 0.8mm single stitch hem, and the iconic Jean Machine label. Within three months of launching, they’re seeing the beginnings of a cult following.
Check out our photos below, and see more photos on our facebook!
Visit Jean.Machine online to learn more! Eason, whose exhibition was a study in mortality, the apocalypse, and the Anthropocene, can be found online at Greg Eason.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: dark wash, Jean.Machine, Launch Party, men's jeans, mens denim, menswear, MiH Jeans, raw denim, soho
NYLON Magazine and Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren are having an VIP shopping event at Macy’s in Herald Square in NYC next week! On Wednesday March 28th, hang out, see a live performance by WATERS, get styled by NYLON editors, and do some shopping. The party starts at 6PM! Check out the invite below for more info.
Tags: Denim & Supply, macy's herald square, nyc, nylon magazine, Ralph Lauren, vip shopping event
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Lauren Conrad’s Kohl’s spring 2012 lookbook is out—it’s a super approachable, brightly hued spread of affordable denim by the sweetheart of the styling world.
2. Eat Sleep Denim muses over the A.P.C. women’s denim and chambray from the runways of Paris, and we drool over the super-chic, feminine adaptations of our favorite fiber (again).
3. Selectism dubs Cheap Monday the best bet for high quality at the lowest price in men’s denim (especially if you’re after a slim/tapered fit).
4. The Levi’s Made & Crafted women’s spring/summer 2012 collection hit stores this past week, inspired by late 60′s Levi’s catalogs from the Levi’s San Francisco Archive. We’re in love.
5. Naked & Famous denim held a selvedge denim origami event, featuring owner and designer Brandon Svarc creating jean-animals from 15 Oz. raw, selvedge denim. Check the amazing photos!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: A.P.C., Cheap Monday, denim origami, kohl's, lauren conrad, Levi's Made & Crafted, mens denim, Naked & Famous, selvedge denim, vintage Levi's
Nudie Jeans‘ limited edition ‘Woad/Guado’ collection hits Nudie Jeans House LA and Atrium NYC Friday. The exclusive 100% organic 6-piece line dyed from the ancient ‘Woad’ plant is available exclusively at Nudie Jeans House, Los Angeles and Atrium NYC. Only 700 pieces will be made available. The color is absolutely freaking gorgeous.
Extended information on the dye process:
“Woad, or more commonly known as “Dyer’s Woad”, is a flowering plant with a cabbage like appearance, and has been cultivated since ancient times to produce blue dye. The green leaves can be harvested six times in a year, but it is only the first year the leaves can be used for dying.
The dye extraction process is extremely labor intense, with 1000 kilos of leaves producing only 1 kilo of blue dyestuff. The development of dye involves extracting the pigment from the leaves which leaves a green liquid. Reducing the green liquid forms a blue sludge, which is then in turn dried resulting in rock hard lumps of intense blue dyestuff.
To turn the hard dyestuff to dye, it is dissolved in a mixture of soda and water. Each garment is then slowly lowered into the dye bath and left to work its magic, timing depends on the thickness of the fabric. Nudie Jeans acquiredall the dyestuff an Italian Guado farm could produce in a year to dye the entire ‘Woad/Guado’ collection.”
The collection includes a Grim Tim jean style, High Khaki, Chambray shirt, Jacket, long-sleeved Henley and short-sleeved tee-shirt, all in the signature blue shade. Each garment is uniquely customized with a ‘Woad/Guado’ stamp and individually numbered from 1-700. The ‘Woad/Guado’ line is available exclusively instore this Friday at Nudie Jeans House, 710 N. Edinburgh Ave, Los Angeles, and Atrium NYC, 644 Broadway, New York.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: dyer's woad, limited edition jeans, natural dye, Nudie Jeans, organic jeans, woad/guado collection
We”re way into matching our denim washes with exciting accessories and color combos (hence our red shoe and blue jeans post). One of our latest obsessions is neon, and in the form of accessories, it provides a killer accent when paired with dark wash denim. Below are 9 of our favorite neon yellow accessories of the moment to jazz up your jeans with.
1. Kate Spade Treasure Chest State Necklace ($428) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
2. Proenza Schouler PS1 Tote Suede – Neon Yellow ($1995) – buy it at Barneys New York.
3. ALDO ‘Capecoral’ Platform Pump ($89) – buy at ALDO.
4. Matthew Williamson Neon Yellow Sunglasses ($410) – buy it at Ssense.
5. Gorjana Graham Leather Studded Wrap Bracelet ($55) – buy it at Piperlime.
6. Topshop VIBRANT Yellow Ballet Pumps ($32) – buy it at Topshop.
7. Jeffrey Campbell Toni Handbag in Yellow Neon ($65) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
8. Bauble Bar Phospho Necklace ($38) – buy it at Bauble Bar.
9. Kate Spade Rugby iPhone 4 Case ($40) – buy it at Piperlime.
Grab some of these and emulate the dark wash denim and neon yellow style of French street style blogger Valentine!
Image via Valentine H.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: iphone case, jeffrey campbell, Kate Spade, neon glasses, neon jewelry, neon yellow, ps1 bag, Spring trends, what to wear, yellow flats, yellow necklace