We’ve already shown you some great denim options currently on the market for women, but we haven’t forgotten menswear! Here is our selection of solid jeans, shirts, and denim accessories that cost less than $30, but still look utterly stylish. From chambray shirts to silver jeans to denim bow ties, we’ve got you covered.
1. Converse One Star Men’s Straight Leg Jean ($29.99) — buy at Target
2. The Jack Collection denim bow tie ($24) — buy at DJPremium
3. H&M Chambray shirt ($29.99) — buy at H&M
4. dENiZEN from Levi’s Jeans 208 Super Skinny Jean ($29.99) — buy at Target
5. Topman Denim Blue Oxford Tie ($20) — buy at Topman USA
6. Forever 21 Whiskered Slim Jeans ($21.90) — buy at Forever 21
7. HEbyMango Denim Shirt ($29.99) — buy at MANGO
Tags: cheap denim, Denim Menswear, denim on a budget, denim under $30
Being five feet tall is something Sarah at Denim Therapy has come to terms with in her 29 years. She makes Eric get the jeans that are on the high shelves, and she has become an expert at standing on chairs when necessary. But, when she discovered Swedish denim company d.brand made jeans in her perfect waist size, she decided it was time to stop rolling her hems and get jeans that actually fit. Watch her talk about the revelation she had and get a sneak peak into the Denim Therapy office where all the magic happens.
Tags: d.brand, denim how-to, denim jeans, Denim Repair, denim therapy hemming service, denim therapy office, getting your jeans hemmed, hemming jeans, jeans for short people, swedish denim
As much as we all love to drool over designer denim that’s way, way out of our budget, sometimes you have to climb down from your dream world and get real. Not everyone can pick up each and every delightful denim item that strikes their fancy, but that doesn’t mean budget-friendly options are limited! We’ve rounded up nine awesome pieces of denim–from jeans and jackets to dresses, shorts, and even underwear–that all hit the mark for under $30. Who says you can’t have it all?
1. Old Navy Women’s Denim Vest ($29.94) — buy at Old Navy
2. H&M Denim Shorts ($24.95) — buy at H&M
3. Topshop Daisy Print Mini ($12) — buy at Topshop
4. Life In Progress Belted Denim Shirtdress ($29.80) — buy at Forever 21
5. LIP Denim Faded Jacket (24.80) — buy at Forever 21
6. Mossimo Womens Skinny Fit 3 Premium Jean ($27.99) — buy at Target
7. Heritage 1981 Subtle Rose Skinny Jeans ($26.90) — buy at Forever 21
Tags: cheap denim, denim on a budget, denim under $30, Forever 21
VOGUE paid tribute to the time-honored combo of a cool pair of jeans and a big comfy sweater in their latest denim-oriented slideshow, led by a stunning image of model/muse Abbey Lee Kershaw. We thought some of the combos were a little unlikely, but there are some no-fail looks in here too. See all of them below.
Like what you see? You can buy every one of these pieces from the original article.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: designer jeans, guide to buying jeans, sweater and denim, sweater and jeans, vogue.com, what to buy, what to wear
Not everyone can say they had their jeans custom-made from scratch and tailored just for them, but you can. INDi makes it possible to create jeans that are handcrafted, sized and styled especially for you, from hip to ankle. Without the hassle of gazillion fitting sessions, and priced about the same as leading designer jeans, you get all the bells and whistles of a premium denim brand in a matter of weeks. Snag yourself some bragging rights and create your new custom jeans today for 30% off! Enter code DENIMTHERAPY2012 at check out. Offer ends February 1, 2012.
Did you know INDi holds six patents? Go to INDi online and see their process in action.
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: bespoke jeans, custom fit, custom jeans, custom made jeans, handcrafted jeans, INDi, Indi Denim, Indi jeans, tailored jeans
Who says that denim can’t be the starting point for rad art? Attitude had the great idea of distributing ten classic denim jackets to ten different artists–from graffiti artist Mr. Shiz to multimedia artist Danny Sangra–and then photographing the results. The aptly-named “Ten Jackets by Ten Artists” editorial in the magazine’s January 2012 issue shows us jackets that are so not the norm; they’ve been spray-painted, dyed, studded, and reworked in nearly every manner possible. Check out all of the funky fresh looks below!
Images via Hypebeast
Tags: attitude magazine, denim jackets, graffiti art, street art
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Intermix posted up a sneak peek at rag & bone for Spring/Summer 2012 on their facebook. Lots of bright colors!
2. Watch this rad video coined “For The Love Of Denim”, starring Donwan Harrell (designer/founder of PRPS), as he talks about what makes the denim industry unique, and what he loves about designing.
3. Rihanna was recently photographed wearing a neon denim jacket from J Brand x Christopher Kane collection… as a beach wrap! We like this idea.
4. Ernest Alexander is having a great sale on denim workshirts for men right now (and there’s nothing stopping the ladies from grabbing one too). You’ll get $33 off each shirt purchase (no limit) when you use the code BUTTONDOWN at checkout.
5. There’s a denim editorial from Vogue China February 2012 that caught our eye recently—we’re not really into the styling on the whole, but there is one denim skirt in there that has us dying for some floor-length light-wash action.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, Donwan Harrell, j brand x christopher kane, neon denim, PRPS, rag & bone for Spring/Summer 2012, rihanna, vogue china
For their spring/summer collection, BLEND isn’t going the sunny, sherbet-tinged route that we all know and expect (but still love!). Instead of designing for a day at the beach, the European brand is channeling Parisian springtime. Imagine traipsing through verdant lawns and sunny skies in their slightly boyish outfits, topped off with a precisely applied pop of red lipstick. Sounds great, right? The line focuses on pared down looks, from a dark-rinse A-line dress to gamine-approved cuffed skinnies and striped shirts. The menswear selection is equally cool, drawing inspiration from New England dockyard workers, but looks no less polished. You can tell they’d go great together!
Images via BKRW-Denim
Tags: blend spring summer 2012, dark wash denim, denim workwear, parisian style
Twelveounce Denim Lab is a men’s denim line that sources all of their fabrics from the esteemed Japanese Kaihara denim mill, hand-crafting their jeans in LA before releasing them into the market. At first look, the unique back pocket shape & zip detail and a tailored-yet-rugged aesthetic set them apart. The jeans come in three basic cuts: the skinny, the boot, and the straight leg (we’re partial to the skinny), and options for washes include Kaihara Indigo, Kaihara Midnight, and Kaihara Slate. The gents of Denim Therapy will be trying these on first-hand to let you know how they fit.
Check out the lookbook and some exclusive shots of the line below:
Keep up with Twelveounce Denim Lab