We hear it over and over, and many of us abide by this denim-addict’s rule of thumb when it comes to letting denim take its shape around your figure, and letting wear happen naturally. But the fact is, after a certain period of time, you’re going to want to remove odors, dirt, and even dead skin cells (yep, their final resting place is your jeans). Freezing denim removes odor to some extent, but if you’ve decided it’s time to take action with *gulp* water… there’s a right way to do it.
Want to check out American Apparel jeans? Starting on Cyber Monday, American Apparel will be offering 20% off sitewide, so here’s your chance to dip your toe into American Apparel’s denim, or go head-to-toe denim. You’ll not only find jeans and jeans jackets, but denim shirts in various shades (from a light wash indigo to even a gray “Lieutenant” wash), denim sneakers, denim backpacks, totebags and even a denim scarf!
Sale ends Wednesday, November 30. Go to American Apparel online for more details.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: American Apparel, denim backpack, denim jackets, denim scarf, Denim shirts, denim shorts, denim totebag
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. It’s Cyber Monday, so online denim sales are abound. Just to name a few…
- You can score 30% off all fall styles at Mih Jeans until midnight.
- At J Brand, you’ll get a $75 gift card when you spend $275 (and if you shop beofre noon PST, you’ll get free 2-day shipping on your order).
- AG Jeans for men & women are on sale today at Hautelook (and check their website, because they’re having some Cyber Monday deals of their own).
- Miss Sixty is hosting a “private sale”—you can score 30% off the fall & winter collection by using code MISSPRIVATE11 at checkout.
2. Theory is having a women’s sample sale, with styles up to 65% off. Shop the VIP sale on Tuesday, November 29th (10AM – 7PM) or the public sales: Wednesday Nov 30th – Friday Dec 2nd (10AM – 7PM); Saturday Dec 3rd – Sunday Dec 4th (10AM – 5PM). Click for flier & more info.
3. Kate Middleton’s jeans left youngsters confused at an art therapy center in inner-city London. They reportedly asked where her princess dress was.
4. Wanna brighten up your week? Stay tuned—the adorable Replay And Sons Kids F/W 2011 lookbook is coming to DT soon!
5. Connecticut-based denim brand Amethyst Jeans are having a holiday food drive this December as part of the Food For Fashion initiative. They’re handing over new pairs of jeans in exchange for money, non-perishable food, and Sack Hunger Bags (provided by Big Y supermarkets). To participate, visit the Big Y Locations below (and check out the holiday concert series they’re hosting as well):
Big Y World Class Market locations: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• December 10th – Meriden, CT
• December 11th – Enfield, CT
• December 17th – West Hartford, CT
• December 18th – Rocky Hill, CT
Holiday Concert Events: 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
96.5 TIC All Star Christmas – December 1st, Location: Toyota presents the Oakdale Theater, Wallingford, CT
Hot 93.7 Jingle Jam Concert – December 2nd, Location: XL Center, Harford, CT
Keep up with Amethyst Jeans on facebook for more info.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: amethyst jeans, cheap jeans, cyber monday, denim for men, denim on sale, Designer Denim, discount denim, discount jeans, food for fashion, kate middleton, replay and sons
Last week we gave you the chance to score one of five pairs of Cheap Monday Tight Very Stretch Onewash Skinny jeans as a little Thanksgiving gift (thankful for jeans? Oh yes, we always are). We explained that we adore Cheap Monday—the Swedish-born brand originally created within the walls of a designer denim and second-hand boutique in Stockholm for customers searching out great fitting, affordable denim. We even threw a Cheap Monday Q&A at you so you could get some behind-the-scenes perspective. Now, it’s time to announce the winners! Read on to see if you’re one of them!
And the winners are….
Winner for Monday’s pair of jeans: Kiley
Winner for Tuesday’s pair of jeans: Mel
Winner for Wednesday’s pair of jeans: Yvonne
Winner for Thursday’s pair of jeans: Deana Kneen
Winner for Friday’s pair of jeans: Lyn
Winners will each receive…
CHEAP MONDAY Tight Very Stretch Onewash
32″ Inseam, 9″ rise, 98% cotton 2% elastane. High-waisted styling. Available in sizes 24 – 32.
Congratulations to our winners (we’ll email you shortly), and thanks to all who entered!
Didn’t win this time? No worries! Denim Therapy has more chances on the way for you to own amazing denim products for your stylish winer excursions.
—DT Staff & Cheap Monday
Tags: Cheap Monday, dark-wash jeans, denim giveaway, free denim, free jeans, high rise jeans, skinny jeans, Tight Very Stretch Onewash
If you’re looking for some solid jeans in either a skinny or athletic fit, then check out Joe’s Jeans‘ Holiday 2011 range of jeans for men in Super Slim, Slim Straight and its popular go-to Classic and Boot Cut fits—all cut in clean lines with laid-back appeal. A man can look relaxed yet maintain that polished look; and, with the introduction of some eye-catching button downs in velvety soft military and tailored fit Western-influenced shirts, he’ll be the carefree version of the dapper gentleman. A little rocker, a little glam and a little preppy: that’s what you’ll get this season from Joe’s Jeans.
The Men’s Holiday 2011 collection is now available at Joe’s Jeans online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: jeans for men, Joe's Jeans, Joe's Jeans Holiday 2011, winter denim, winter styles for men
Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you have to change your entire wardrobe–it just means you have to make some adjustments! By pairing your favorite cut-off jean shorts with a cozy warm sweater, you can combine the best of both worlds. The sweater and cut-off duo is a fun way to make your summer clothes last all year long and also lets you show off your cutest denim but with a new spin on it. So if you’re ever wondering if those pair of shorts are really worth the buy, all you need is a fun chunky sweater to know that they are.
1. Mango Shine Sweater ($66) — buy it at Mango.
2. Siwy Jeans Alexa Cut Off Short ($195) — buy it at American Rag.
3. Topshop Knitted Chunky Stitch Jumper ($80) — buy it at Topshop.
4. American Eagle Tumble Shortie ($39.50) — buy it at American Eagle.
5. Topshop Knitted Sequin Yoke Jumper ($92) buy it at Topshop.
6. J Brand Cut-Off Rigid-Denim Shorts ( $115.50) buy it at Net-A-Porter.
7. Insight All Meshed Up Mesh Sweater ($64.99) buy it at Revolve Clothing.
8. Siwy Jeans Camilla Shorts ($195) buy it at Revolve Clothing.
Tags: American Eagle, american rag, chunky sweaters, cut off shorts, insight, J Brand, Mango, Net-A-Porter, Revolve Clothing, Siwy Jeans, Topshop