The Bajan red head, Rihanna, was stepping out on BET’s 106 and Park in Denimocracy “Pistachio Green” Anarchy Jeggings. Her height got a boost in fierce Christian Louboutin shoes. She spoke about her recently released album… but did she offer any justification as to why she chose an minty green ensemble from head to toe? Known for her head-turning fashion, Rihanna doesn’t really need to explain herself. But all the same, we wouldn’t mind sneaking into her brain while she and her stylist were planning this one!
Tags: 106 and park, Bet, democracy, denimocracy denim, loud album, pistachio green anarchy jeggings, rihanna
SOLD Design lab is giving away a pair of these Railroad Houston High Heel Bells, as seen on blogger Erika of Fashion Chalet. We’re digging the conductor stripe, gold watch, and denim jacket combo shown here. To win, all you have to do is Like SOLD on facebook, comment on the Fashion Chalet contest post, and cross your fingers! This contest ends on Friday, April 1st, so get a move on.
Tags: contest, denim give-away, fashion blogger, fashion chalet, free denim, free jeans, Railroad Houston High Heel Bells, SOLD design lab
We let you know when 7 For All Mankind announced their plans to open a stand-alone boutique in Calgary, and now we’ve sorted through the super-fun party pics of the big opening reception to bring you inside the celebration! You can almost taste the colorful hors d’oeuvres, hear Calgary’s own DJ Roofeo dropping denim-shopping beats, and sense the lust of all the eyes gazing at rack after rack of ready-to-be-worn 7FAM jeans… (oops, we just let our imaginations run away with us!)
? Click below to see more! ?
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, calgary, party pics, store opening
Did this couple call each other up to coordinate their wardrobe? From the looks of it, you’d think they’ve been going out for quite some time. Rachel Weisz is wearing her MIH ‘Breathless’ jeans in Honeyboy wash. Oh boy! If our jeans could talk, we wonder what they’d be saying about her companion Daniel Craig’s denim ensemble!
Daniel is no stranger to wearing jeans, as paparazzi coverage of the 007 actor is aplenty. You can get his “I’m with her” look, which complements Rachel’s feminine, “back on the market” date night style. Note: Daniel likes to wear his jeans with the hem folded up in a 4-inch cuff.
GET RACHEL’S LOOK
1. Vince Breton Striped Tee ($95) – buy it at Bloomingdales.
2. MIH “Breathless” Jean in Honeyboy wash ($233) – buy it at J Crew.
3. MuuBaa Shirt Style Jacket (on sale for $152.41) – buy it at ASOS.
4. Alexander Wang Livia Bootie in Khaki ($575) – buy it at Alexander Wang.
5. All Saints Tentini Scarf ($60) – buy it at All Saints.
GET DANIEL’S LOOK
1. Topman Navy Loaded Deconstructed Suit Jacket ($220) – buy it at Topman.
2. Levi’s 501 Original Jeans in Mid Shift (on sale for $44) – buy it at Levi’s.
3. Topman Blue Chambray Pocket Shirt ($68) – buy it at Topman.
4. Bottega Veneta Embossed Leather Belt ($370) – buy it at Mr Porter.
5. ASOS Derby Shoes ($80.69) – buy it at ASOS.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrities in jeans, Celebrity Couples, celebrity fashion, Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz
Funny that an e-commerce site which consistently has the most adorable photo shoots in town burst onto the scene with the name “Nasty”, but if this is Nasty, we don’t wanna be nice. Nasty Gal‘s front page is currently a spring styling spectacular. We couldn’t help but gush with you over this band groupie meets neo-70s bombshell outfit. Light wash skinny jeans are cuffed to make way for epic Jeffrey Campbell peep toe platforms. A casual gray t-shirt is matched with bangles, oversize sunglasses, a thin belt, and the token wide-brimmed hat. This balance of swanky-casual is a prime example of warm weather jeans coming out to play. So, are you ready to get nasty?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: band t shirt, jeffrey campbell platforms, light wash skinny jeans, nasty gal vintage, oversize sunglasses, spring style tips
Its seems as if actress Meagan Good was up to “no good” the other night partying with friends at a Hollywood nightclub—that’s if looking good is a crime! She got super flirty in for cameras in a pair of Machine Jeans (a truly affordable denim brand on the market these days). The shredded jeans were paired with a black distressed tank and black leather jacket. She left her boots unbuckled and suspenders down, with a perfect ‘do and an LV purse. It’s nice to see her letting loose; You’ll be catching Meagan on screen again in the soon to be released film, Video Girl, which she also produced. Now who is ready to Paaaaartyyyyy?
Images via Denimology.
— Jackie Racer
Tags: hollywood, Leather Jacket, Louis Vuitton, machine jeans, megan good, shredded jeans, tee, video girl
We get asked a lot about where to find jeans for curvy ladies, so we were delighted to discover MR Denim. Just launched for Spring 2011, MR Denim is a new denim line from Marina Rinaldi, a plus-size fashion label. MR Denim is a dedicated denim collection which boasts seven different fits, from leggings to boyfriend jeans in a variety of rinses and colors. “This collection is built on the specialization and long-standing experience [over 30 years] of Marina Rinaldi in the plus-size sector.” Latest model in demand Crystal Renn is the poster girl for the next two seasons in the MR Denim campaign. The Marina Rinaldi brand was among the first luxury plus-size fashion companies to create plus-size jeans in the ’80s.
View more images from this campaign at MR Denim or find a Marina Rinaldi store near you.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Crystal Renn, Marina Rinaldi, Max Mara, MR Denim, plus-size fashion, plus-size jeans, plus-size models
Eva Longoria is spotted looking chic in Henrey and Belle Ideal Ankle Skinny Jeans in Clean Dark while leaving her Hollywood restaurant Beso.The brunette babe looks post-divorce fabulous in not only her skinny jeans and printed blouse but Christian Louboutin Madame Butterfly Pumps and a Salvatore Ferragamo bag. All this translates to a very expensive look. Longoria may still be playing the Desperate Houswive role but she is making sure to be looking slamming while she’s at it.
Tags: ankle length jeans, beso restaurant, desperate houswives, Eduardo Cruz, Eva Longoria, henry and belle, hollywood, skinny jeans
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days, with denim news, links, campaigns, and more. You’re welcome!
1. Desigual’s Denim Dresses—Have you checked out Desigual lately? The lookbook pamphlet they’ve been handing out in front of their SoHo store is chocked full of innovative bohemian summer denim picks,with an inspiring variety of textures and approaches…
2. Get The Look: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in J Brand—Vroom, Vroom. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is sure to get your heart racing. She was spotted at the Daytona 500 event in Florida. Rosie was wearing a pair of the J Brand 901 Leggings in Hewson with an Enza Costa Rogue Rib Baseball Tank in white…
3. Rue De Jeans Exclusive Q&A—We know what you’re thinking… “another denim brand, hooray!” But before you even get excited, check out this innovative denim design and learn why you should really be impressed. Rue De Jeans offers something called a stealth patented design element…
4. Constance Jablonski Rocks Spring Denim In Spanish Harper’s Bazaar—Timeless and classic beauty Constance Jablonski graces the pages of Spanish Harper’s Bazaar April 2011 looking ever-so gorgeous. She’s featured in a perfectly styled editorial wearing the latest in spring denim by Stella McCartney, Christian Dior, Mango and D&G…
5. Natalie Off Duty: Denim Styling in Barcelona—Natalie Off Duty had a recent stint in Barcelona, lighting up the streets with her charming style and quirky approach to off-duty dressing. Her newest blog post features her in an American Apparel denim work shirt and leather pants by Zara…
6. Women’s Selvedge Denim by Railcar Fine Goods—Railcar Fine Goods, a privately-owned premium denim and workwear brand from Los Angeles, has quietly launched their new women’s selvedge line, consisting of 13.5-ounce Cone Mills red line selvedge denim…
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: best denim blog, Constance Jablonski, denim news, denim trends, desigual, J Brand, natalie off duty, Railcar Fine Goods, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, rue de jeans