If you’ve been with us for a while now you know that we love a modern take on western style, and not just because it involves denim. Okay, perhaps that’s part of it, but what we really dig about the current approach to the classic look is the bohemian edge infused into it. This is exactly what we get in this editorial from the latest edition of Marie Claire shot by David Roemer and starring model Hartje Andresen. The editorial features perfectly styled denim looks including everything from a modern wide-leg denim trouser, earthy denim short shorts, and even a trendy short-sleeve denim jacket that’s perfect for summer. Leather jackets with fringe details and a heavy dose of turquoise adorned jewelry finish off the perfect western bohemian look.
For more images from this editorial visit Design Scene.
Tags: David Roemer, Denim Short Shorts, Hartje Andresen, Marie Claire April 2011, short-sleeve denim jacket, Ture West, Western bohemian look, Western Denim Looks, Western Styling, wide-leg denim trouser
Men’s upscale e-tailer Mr Porter just produced a slide show featuring five different ways that men can wear their denim jeans. The menswear site (which is very much akin to a style concierge) scouted a strapping 26-year-old print designer named David Bradley from South London, to model all different looks. We like Mr Porter’s turn on a Look Book-meets-catalog shoot, showing real people in some of the world’s most popular jeans.
Looking good David! Shop the looks and view more images at Mr Porter online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: men's jeans, menswear, Mr Porter
SOLD Design lab is giving away a pair of these Railroad Houston High Heel Bells, as seen on blogger Erika of Fashion Chalet. We’re digging the conductor stripe, gold watch, and denim jacket combo shown here. To win, all you have to do is Like SOLD on facebook, comment on the Fashion Chalet contest post, and cross your fingers! This contest ends on Friday, April 1st, so get a move on.
Tags: contest, denim give-away, fashion blogger, fashion chalet, free denim, free jeans, Railroad Houston High Heel Bells, SOLD design lab
We let you know when 7 For All Mankind announced their plans to open a stand-alone boutique in Calgary, and now we’ve sorted through the super-fun party pics of the big opening reception to bring you inside the celebration! You can almost taste the colorful hors d’oeuvres, hear Calgary’s own DJ Roofeo dropping denim-shopping beats, and sense the lust of all the eyes gazing at rack after rack of ready-to-be-worn 7FAM jeans… (oops, we just let our imaginations run away with us!)
? Click below to see more! ?
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, calgary, party pics, store opening
Funny that an e-commerce site which consistently has the most adorable photo shoots in town burst onto the scene with the name “Nasty”, but if this is Nasty, we don’t wanna be nice. Nasty Gal‘s front page is currently a spring styling spectacular. We couldn’t help but gush with you over this band groupie meets neo-70s bombshell outfit. Light wash skinny jeans are cuffed to make way for epic Jeffrey Campbell peep toe platforms. A casual gray t-shirt is matched with bangles, oversize sunglasses, a thin belt, and the token wide-brimmed hat. This balance of swanky-casual is a prime example of warm weather jeans coming out to play. So, are you ready to get nasty?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: band t shirt, jeffrey campbell platforms, light wash skinny jeans, nasty gal vintage, oversize sunglasses, spring style tips
We get asked a lot about where to find jeans for curvy ladies, so we were delighted to discover MR Denim. Just launched for Spring 2011, MR Denim is a new denim line from Marina Rinaldi, a plus-size fashion label. MR Denim is a dedicated denim collection which boasts seven different fits, from leggings to boyfriend jeans in a variety of rinses and colors. “This collection is built on the specialization and long-standing experience [over 30 years] of Marina Rinaldi in the plus-size sector.” Latest model in demand Crystal Renn is the poster girl for the next two seasons in the MR Denim campaign. The Marina Rinaldi brand was among the first luxury plus-size fashion companies to create plus-size jeans in the ’80s.
View more images from this campaign at MR Denim or find a Marina Rinaldi store near you.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Crystal Renn, Marina Rinaldi, Max Mara, MR Denim, plus-size fashion, plus-size jeans, plus-size models
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days, with denim news, links, campaigns, and more. You’re welcome!
1. Desigual’s Denim Dresses—Have you checked out Desigual lately? The lookbook pamphlet they’ve been handing out in front of their SoHo store is chocked full of innovative bohemian summer denim picks,with an inspiring variety of textures and approaches…
2. Get The Look: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in J Brand—Vroom, Vroom. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is sure to get your heart racing. She was spotted at the Daytona 500 event in Florida. Rosie was wearing a pair of the J Brand 901 Leggings in Hewson with an Enza Costa Rogue Rib Baseball Tank in white…
3. Rue De Jeans Exclusive Q&A—We know what you’re thinking… “another denim brand, hooray!” But before you even get excited, check out this innovative denim design and learn why you should really be impressed. Rue De Jeans offers something called a stealth patented design element…
4. Constance Jablonski Rocks Spring Denim In Spanish Harper’s Bazaar—Timeless and classic beauty Constance Jablonski graces the pages of Spanish Harper’s Bazaar April 2011 looking ever-so gorgeous. She’s featured in a perfectly styled editorial wearing the latest in spring denim by Stella McCartney, Christian Dior, Mango and D&G…
5. Natalie Off Duty: Denim Styling in Barcelona—Natalie Off Duty had a recent stint in Barcelona, lighting up the streets with her charming style and quirky approach to off-duty dressing. Her newest blog post features her in an American Apparel denim work shirt and leather pants by Zara…
6. Women’s Selvedge Denim by Railcar Fine Goods—Railcar Fine Goods, a privately-owned premium denim and workwear brand from Los Angeles, has quietly launched their new women’s selvedge line, consisting of 13.5-ounce Cone Mills red line selvedge denim…
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: best denim blog, Constance Jablonski, denim news, denim trends, desigual, J Brand, natalie off duty, Railcar Fine Goods, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, rue de jeans
Nothing embodies the spirit of spring to us more than a soft, muted pair of colored jeans. If styled the right way they can give any casual look an instant touch of chic luxe. We absolutely love this outfit by Maddison Rothery of Fiction Living. Her muted mauve jeans by Citizens Of Humanity are perfection paired with a white vintage blouse and cropped bronze vest. The leopard print clutch and black studded booties add just the right amount of edge to the overall soft color palette. You can easily take this look into evening by adding an oversized boyfriend blazer in a light earth tone to keep it soft and feminine or give some edge by throwing on a biker-style leather jacket.
Catch more images of this look on Maddison’s lookbook page and on denimology.com.
Tags: biker-style leather jacket, colored denim, cropped vest, Fiction Living Blog, Maddison Rothery, Mauve Denim, Muted Colored Denim, oversized boyfriend blazer, pink denim, soft color palette, Street Style, summer denim, Summer Styling Tips, white vintage blouse
Indonesian denim brand Easton is celebrating one year on the market as of March 23rd, and they’re hauling out intense discounts to celebrate. Their self-admitted unexpected success might be attributed to their keeping in mind “the sacred value of wearing jeans”, but right now buzz is all about an inventory of men’s denim as low as $30 per pair (IDR.245,000.00). We love the Headstock dark blue wash skinny fit in an organic cotton/spandex blend. Stocks are draining pretty fast, so jump on it!
Images via Easton. Check out their blog.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: anniversary, Easton, indonesia, mens denim, organic denim, sale, stretch denim