Whether bouncing off walls or climbing over fences, there’s no excuse to let your style guard down. That’s the premise of the latest campaign for Italian label Double Black. A group of young guns showcase all the essentials needed for the perfect contemporary wardrobe, from jackets with zip details, chinos, and crisp shirts, to casual denim separates like distressed jeans and vintage washed denim jackets. As Double Black puts it “…[A guy] knows that to be really stylish he always needs to feel at ease.” We couldn’t agree more.
Brazilian fresh face Vanessa Cruz takes us on a short but sweet retro road trip to the 50s in the February issue of Marie Claire Brazil. The vintage inspired editorial, shot by photographer Fernando Louza, takes the best of what the decade had to offer and makes it of-the-moment with an ultra modern take. High waisted short short ensembles are paired with the perfect denim accents from studded work shirts to vests in classic 50s sleeveless shirt cuts and boleros make for the perfect retro look .
Images from fashioneditorials.com
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: 50's style, denim bolero, denim vest, Editorials, February 2011 Issue, Fernando Louza, Marie Claire Brazil, On The Road, retro looks, studded work shirt
Whether you’ll be at home, at a friend’s, in a bar or anywhere else a TV screen presents itself (champagne and caviar included) it’s time to celebrate the over-the-top glamour of the 83rd Academy Awards by getting red carpet ready in your best dressed denim looks as you and your friends enjoy the designer fashions and beautiful people of Hollywood. Check out our nominees for best Oscars party style, including a best-supporting jean!
If you’re homeward bound for some private Oscars viewing this weekend, be as comfortable as you want to be — in style. Don’t forget the popcorn!
1. J Brand Cut off Shorts in Leon ($152) – buy it at J Brand.
2. James Perse Casual Tee ($50) – buy it at James Perse.
3. Juicy Couture Sequin Embellished Hood Top ($200) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
4. Pray For Mother Nature Devil’s Post Pile Flare Jeans ($176) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. UGG Australia Women’s Rylan Slip in Orchid Bloom ($90) – buy it at UGG Australia.
Planning on some pre-Oscars partying after work? Remember to slip into your lucky jeans and print out the official Oscars ballot so everyone can play along. Come Monday, there’ll be either high-fives all around or eaten crow.
1. Zara Studio Coat with Combination Sleeve ($189) – buy it at Zara.
2. A.P.C. Porsellis Ballerina Flats ($175) – buy it at A.P.C.
3. James Jeans Twiggy Cargo in Camel ($172) – buy it at James Jeans.
4. Goldsign Aja Clean Pocket Slouch Jeans ($210) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. Metal Navette Ring in Gold ($18) – buy it at Topshop.
6. Kate Spade Essex Small Scout in Orange ($295) – buy it at Kate Spade.
Partying with 100 of your closest friends in town? Make sure you rock your denim with some glam makeup and arm bling. People might just forgive you as you prematurely shout out the winners between jelly shots.
1. Kill City x Brian Lichtenberg Junkie Black Waxed Moto Jeans ($180) – buy it at Kill City.
2. Vero Moda Epaulet Shirt ($57.38) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Python Skinny Jeans ($208) – buy it at Shopbop.
4. Philippe Audibert Gold Plated Cuff ($510) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
5. Sam Edelman Lorissa Stud Pump ($199) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
6. Botkier Charlotte Clutch ($375) – buy it at Botkier.
—Jackie Racer & Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Academy Awards, DENIM, Goldsign, J Brand, James Jeans, Oscars, party fashion, Pray for Mother Nature
The Gap has finally opened its doors to the new all-denim store, located in the center of Soho (513 Broadway, New York). The new shop houses over 2,500 pairs of jeans, including styles from the 1969 premium jeans collection. ”Denim continues to be the heart of this brand and our goals will always be to create styles that are modern and sexy for our customer,” said Patrick Robinson, executive vice-president of design at Gap. This is the third Gap 1969 store to open in the U.S.
The store itself has a clean, bright feel with wood seating in the center of the store, installed with an iPad “bar” which is preloaded with favorite fashion sites. Prices range between $59.50 to $69.50, with premium price points for some of the more unusual and specially sourced pairs (Gap will be offering exclusive Italian and Japanese denim at this store). For a brand that was based on denim it was about time for them to delve into the ever growing luxury denim market.
Tags: Gap, Gap 1969, Gap New York, Gap Soho, jeans, premium denim, retail chain
News, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. What’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include? Email us!
1. “Requiem for a denim head” reminds us that some people are seriously addicted to denim, and there isn’t much we can do. Via F**k Yeah Menswear.
2. Refinery29 has rounded up their top denim picks for under $100, and you can check out their party photos from the R29 x Madewell shopping event that happened last Tuesday while you’re at it. Bloody Mary’s and denim shopping? Sounds like heaven.
3. Another Magazine party pics at Dazed Digital feature denim work shirts, proving they’re still going strong amidst the in-crowd! We look forward to your strong opinions on facebook. (Wink wink)
4. Sale at Gargyle—guys, check out the Surface to Air Slim V5 Jeans! Just about every non-denim item on this site is begging to be worn with the classic jean.
5. British denim brand MiH Jeans are currently featured on the front of Shopbop.com–check out these light wash flare legs with racer-back tank combo. Dreaming of summer yet?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim for under $100, Madewell, MiH Jeans, Refinery29, requiem for a denim head
Roving photographer Tommy Ton is back in action across the pond at London Fashion Week for Style.com, capturing all the street style drama outside the shows. This time around, we saw an abundance of denim looks coupled with fur-lined parkas, fierce footwear and buttery leather goods. Blue denim was prominent, serving as a leaping off point for the rest of the ensemble: vibrant-colored jackets, lots of shiny jewelry and statement outerwear.
View the entire slideshow at Style.com.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: DENIM, denim jeans, jak & Jil, jeans, London Fashion Week, Steet Style, Tommy Ton
In the latest British Vogue, spring sees a heavy dose of minimalism, and denim is at the forefront of its proclaimed off-duty essentials. This fun editorial makes us want to jump into its pages with one of our favorite models, Sasha Pivovarova for a raucous good time in spring denim must-haves. We love, love, love that denim is highlight of this minimal look. From the jean work shirts (which are a debated “essential” on our facebook page) to the oversized jeans and even the boxy double denim ensemble that caps off the set!
View the full editorial on supermodels.nl.
Tags: Boxy Double Denim, British Vogue, Denim shirts, Editorials, March 2011, Minimialism, Oversized Jeans, Sasha Pivovarova
Ever wonder what guys think about in bed? If they’re denim experts, they’re probably fitting you for jeans and you don’t even know it! …Or so AG Jeans would like us to believe. Their promotional video features a sultry love scene (possibly NSFW) and in the follow-up, our romantic denim designer ventures to pick some cotton, source some textiles, and have sample jeans made, all with his shirt mysteriously unbuttoned. But does our hero get the girl? Watch and find out!
Watch the AG Jeans film, and visit the AG Jeans official website.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: AG Jeans, campaign, custom jeans, denim design, Video
Kate Bosworth graces the cover of Nylon Magazine’s March 2011 issue, lavished in various fashion caviar: an Isabel Marant sweater and pink denim shorts ensemble (the cover look), Chanel shoes, Fendi skirt, Missoni wrap, Moschino Cheap & Chic sweater—need we go on? The mag goes for the “music festival” vibe (think Coachella), which we think works for this part-time tomboy, part-time Red Carpet glamour queen.
See the full interview and editorial at Nylon Magazine.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Celebrity, denim shorts, Isabel Marant, Kate Bosworth, music festival style, nylon magazine, pink denim, spring fashion
It’s no secret that we’re fans of Levi’s CURVE ID jeans, and we love seeing major Hollywood starlets like Demi Moore getting in on the action. Demi was seen arriving in Brazil last month wearing her “Demi Curve” (coincidence?!) Levi’s Curve ID Skinny Jeans in Ink finish with an oversize plaid cardigan and electric purple leather bag. She topped it off with a grey/purple knit scarf. Scroll down to see how you can get the look!
Image via akmimages.net.
The secret to Demi’s look are items that are sensible for plane rides, but fabulous enough to greet paparazzi once she sets foot down in her destination. A comfy pair of jeans, roomy jacket, and oversize scarf maintain the casual-cool vibe while making sure she doesn’t feel forced in her fashion sense. Don’t forget to throw in a pair of enormous sunglasses for the celeb-effect!
1. Loeffler Randall Riley Over The Knee Suede Boots ($825) – buy it at Shopbop.
2. Moth Dalsland Wrap wool cardigan ($118) – buy it at Anthropologie.
3. Levi’s Modern Demi Curve Skinny Jean in ink wash ($98) – buy it at Levi’s.
4. TOPSHOP Purple Serpent Print Oversize Scarf ($55) – buy it at TOPSHOP.
5. Merona Tote – Pink/Purple ($29) – buy it at Target.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: demi moore, denim for travel, get the look, Levi's Curve ID, skinny jeans